Treat just finished floors with care, especially for the first 2-3 weeks.
- Care of your floors starts with knowing from our crew or estimator what time you may re-enter your home or building.
- Enter only after that time in stocking feet and open the windows to ventilate the area, then leave the home/building immediately.
- Re-enter the building after 1 hour mimimum of ventilation.
- Wait 24 hours before re-entering with shoes.
- Wait for at least 3 days before putting heavy furniture on the floors. Do not slide or roll heavy furniture on your floor. Furniture pads need to be underneath all furniture you will be moving in and out. A refrigerator will dent wood flooring. Use ¼ in. plywood or 1/8 in. plastic to bring in a refrigerator. Rolling casters also need furniture pads as they do a lot of wear on wood flooring.
- Allow 3 weeks before covering floors with area rugs of any kind. This allows for the finish to cure properly.
- Baseboard should be installed after the floor work is not only installed, but finished.
- Sometimes it is impossible to avoid marks on walls from machines or cords and the homeowner/contractor will need to do some touch up painting.
- Expect a lot of dust. We're sorry, but it is part of the process. Discuss dust control options with your estimator.